Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Just So Very Busy





I am a busy little dog. Yes, both kinds of busy. I investigate everything and that includes grabbing and running with the abandoned shoes that I find in her closet and hunting for squirrels in the backyard when I think she’s not noticing. But, I’m busy in another way too. She’s signed me up for agility classes and rally classes. Two nights each week, we go to class and the other days we practice so much stuff that my head begins to spin. This is a lot of work for me considering I didn’t know what a leash was all that long ago, I wanted to stand on the kitchen table all the time, and tried to swallow everything I saw. Things I nearly swallowed included pieces of paper, washcloths and bottle caps and bait (small delicious dead fish heads) left on the waterfront, but I was foiled every time. That's mostly behind me and now, I tug politely on my tug toy, down when she asks for a down, walk backwards (why she wants this I’ll never know), balance on a puffy round ball, and run into my crate whenever I hear the word crate. I’m so much better behaved she said, but I do find time to squeeze in the shoe stealing stuff even though I’m told this isn’t part of my new training plan. You see, this is all part of being very busy little dog.

15 comments:

Iggy said...

Hee hee...I think that's why she loves you so much!

StellaStar said...

Well, of course you need good shoes to do all your hard work in! You're supercute!

Heather Cherry said...

If that isn't the cutest thing I ever saw! Holy moly.

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

That picture is so cute - its like she is saying "uh oh, caught in the act".

Anonymous said...

You are so adorable. Tell her to post a video of you walking backwards so it can make everyone's day!! MWAH to you, Audie!

Stephanie Feisty Davis said...

Audie, you're totally good at the rally stuff. Dude you didn't tell me about the shoe thing, *I* do that too! I don't chew them apart I just take them out of her room if she leaves. Sometimes I make a monster shoe pile in the living room. Pisses her off hahahahehhe.

See you Sunday for more rally school!

-Ms. Kitty
(hacking her Mom's account)

Boris said...

Audie,

Are your knees fully recovered?

Us pibbles enjoy working, participating and resting with our favorites. If I'm not mistaken, that looks like you are on a bed and you know shoes don't belong on the bed.

So from my exerience, you are either asking your people for a 'pajama day' or your telling them 'no ones leaving w/o me'.

Do your Agile-Rally on and I'll check back,

Boris

Donna said...

Oh Audie - How we love you!!!

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

Just letting you know I am tagging you for an award over at my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I make shoe piles too! When Mom leaves I stack them in the living room in front of the TV. And sometimes before she goes to works Mom begs me to help her find a pair that matches. But I know if she can't find a matching pair she can't go to work!

It must be a pittie thing!

Abbie

Lanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pete C. said...

My dogs have their own shoe closet.

Millie said...

Oh my gosh, could she be any cuter. She looks like a little love bug.

Bradpetehoops said...

Cutie dog!

The Other Sally's Mom said...

That has got to be the cutest picture of all time. Audie, you are adorable!